Want a tight strong core? Try this Landmine battle ropes exercise for abs. It's 3x more effective than sit-ups & crunches...and way more fun! Learn exactly how to perform this abs killer, in this post. We share 5 tips & tricks to master this drill, so that you can start incorporating it into your rope workouts. Practice makes perfect. Enjoy the burn! 🔥😅👍
5 Tips & Tricks To Master Landmines
1. BENEFITS - Strengthen you six pack abdominals, obliques (love handles) and lower back. High calorie burn & great for fat loss, too.
2. GRIP - Bottoms up grip. Barrel hold both, or one in each hand if you have smaller hands.
3. STANCE - Feet just outside shoulder width apart. This is your power position & should feel very stable. Feet grounded, but will pivot as you rotate.
4. POSTURE - Knees should remain bent throughout the movement. Stick you butt out & lean forward. This is commonly referred to as an athletic stance. Be sure to not lean backwards, nor hunch your back/shoulders.
5. PROGRESSIONS- Start with a single 1.5 inch battle rope. Then use both handles. A longer rope will also increase the intensity. We're using 50 foot ropes at our training facility. Next would be a larger rope, at 2 inches wide. Finally, you can travel forwards & backwards with this drill.
This is one of the dozens of battle ropes exercises that we utilize, to get our clients awesome results. Let us create a fitness & nutrition program that's perfect for you! Have you ever used the ropes before? Did we miss one of your favorites? We love your feedback.
Thanks for stopping by & have a great day,
~ Max & Team MBB